Friday, March 31, 2006

Good News!

Did I tell you that I got engaged last month? :-)

Everything happened in a jiffy. He is my colleague. We both got to interact with each other since last June/July. After a few days, he has raised the thought of both of us getting married. Didn't really expect this from him/someone and was all confused/shocked. Same time, lot of personal issues were happening at my family/relatives side w.r.t my wedding (posted few stuff here). I too thought like it would be good getting someone who likes me for what I am and understands me and my family ppl/dependancy. So, we thought of proceeding if ppl at home are ok with this. Things went well and we had a small function at my home last month inviting our close friends at work and apartment ppl.

Ours is a different story. Cant say its a usual love marriage or arranged marriage. I wonder even now :-) Spent only a few days as friends, became close friends in a short period, he has raised this thought, lot of confusions in me, wanted to let my family know abt this (Ahhh evloo kashtapatten idha solrathuku :(), if ppl at both home are ok then I wanted to develop all thoughts abt him. Dont know what to call it. Ah, all human rules and regulations :-) I always thought I would be marrying someone who is selected by my mom or relatives. Never knew I would end up with this person :p This is a sudden twist in my normal life story :-) not sure if i am conveying it properly.

Anyways, he is very sweet. Always had lot of confidence that he would marry me and live with me :-):-) will write more later :-)

He got transferred to our parent company in US and he left Hyderabad 15 days back. wedding will be early next year! me started my ground work for getting a job there.

Missing him a lot, managing work, ppl at my home, in-laws (who too miss their son). Experiencing all sort of emotions, extremely happy sometimes, sad & insecured sometimes--good and bad, all mixed up. enna solrathu. hhmm.

Thought of writing abt this once the wedding date is fixed but no patience :-) Whenever I want to write abt him or his ppl or abt ourselves I should have some reference ryt. I am becoming restless if I want to say something here but when i think that the ppl who read it dont understand what I write, I stop myself posting it. irukara prachanaila why avloo kashtam? :-) I have only this place where i can write whatever i want to. Already I am not that good in writing--third person elaam poattu ezhutharathu is difficult for me :p So, thought of posting this news today.

athaan story :-)

Note: I wrote abt "my" sweet person only in this post :-) (8th point thavira). His mother tongue is Telugu and he does not understand Tamizh :( Ahh ippadi oru Tamizh patrulla oru ponuku epdi elaam vaazhkai amaithu paarungha :-):D

byee,
J.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the best!!!
For a Happy Married life!!
Congrats and Welcome to the US of A!!

Thiagu

Me said...

J vekka padadheenga.....dheyiriuma sollunga this is love marriage dhan nu...see u wanted to marry him before u asked ur mom rite? appo adhu love dhan.....no arranged marriage...:))

good luck to both of u guys....:)

Anonymous said...

Hey J,

Hearty Congrats. I'm really very happy for both of you.
Take care,
Raji

Anonymous said...

congrats madam

ahha kadhai sollum kadhai :)

best wishes for a great married life!

J said...

Thiagu - Thanks :-)

Me - Hmm makes sense! Thanks for the wishes :-)

Raji -- heyyy long time lady! Thanks a lot:-)

spark - oyeee! first time commenting here :-) unakaaga thaan "allow comments from anon" option ok koduthen :-) Thanks for the wishes :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey anon comments ai block pannitu long timenu sonna eppadi?edho spark punniyuthalae ippo ungaluku congrats solla mudinjithu:-)
But I have been reading all of your posts theriyuma..
Take care,
Raji

J said...

Raji -- Oh no :( u dont have my mail id also? :( Hayooo, intha junk comments elaam varathunaala, i have disabled anon comments and enabled word verification too. ippa 2 'umae disable paniten.
inimae neengha comment panna mudiyum. Please! :-)

J said...

dumbs - me not really! cos its another office extension number. so dial from office :p But, yes he does spend money to call me/his family sometimes. naan inum researching abt calling cards :) thanks for the wishes :-)

Anonymous said...

Great News!
Congratulations :-)

Shiv said...

Hey Congrats..actually wen i read urs, me was feeling as if i was readin my own..except for the latter part of telln at home and gettin ok..have not yet told my ppl..Sighhhhhhh

Whoosh 2 said...

Hey J... I dont know how I missed this post.. All the best. Congratulations da.. :)

J said...

Ferrariiiiiii, long time!!!! Thanks for the wishes :-) I was wondering why you stopped visiting/commenting on my blog :( u wont believe me, I was just thinking abt you today morning (somebody has mentioned one of your posts in their blog) and wanted to mail u. Thanks for the comments !!!

Shiv - //have not yet told my ppl..Sighhhhhhh // :-) ...Ahh antha phase elaam kadiya podum :p All the very best!!! Thanks for your wishes :-)

Whoosh - adhaan, enna da nee comment pannalayaenu nenachen :p Thanks ra :-)