Sunday, March 19, 2006

Bad luck yesterday

[Another reason for my bad mood]

Amma and sis wanted to go to my native place. Booked tickets for them long time back. Yesterday was busy with packing, shopping. 8'oclock was the train time in Kacheguda. I was busy with the person who came from TataIndicom for the broadband connection. Amma is generally lazy and doesnt get ready unless somebody--always me--shouts at her. After done with all stuff, we left by 7'oclock from home. Lot of traffic and signals in the way and was a bit tensed that they would miss the train. Amma was making fun abt something and made the situation normal. Sis also commented that "thirumbi vara porathuku ipdi sirichutu poyitu irukom". Me gave the instruction that they shall get into any coach and go to AS2 internally. I had to get the platform ticket too. Reached the station by 7.55 or so, mind was all tensed up.

Me paid the auto guy, sis struggling to carry the luggages, went inside the station. Heard the announcement that blah express is in blah platform and was about to leave. A porter there asked us abt the train and after we said, he was shouting at us that its abt to leave and asked us to give the bags. I thought he wanted to get money from us and unnecessarily alerting us. I ran to get the platform ticket. Meanwhile, sis gave bags to the porter and that guy was hurrying us to cross the platform and told there was no time to climb the bridge. Me already a person who gets tensed up soo soon and this situation was not an exception. My sis being thin jumped down and started crossing the railway track. Me managed to do the same and cant expect the same from my poor mom. Train was there till then. I was trying to find a place where my mom can get support to climb up. I too was carrying kutty kutty bags. My mom managed to climb up and immediately we rushed near the train. The train started moving!!! ufff it was hard to see/realize that we missed the train. Never happened before. Appa kooda, I was trying to make amma and sis get into the train as it would be moving very slowly but that would be risky. Sis was cool enough and told me "Relax Relax". Amma was blinking and asked me "ipdi kooda aaguma ma?". she was about to cry. Even a simple disappoinment can easily make her/me cry. Sis is not like that.
Hhmm everybody was seeing us. commenting abt the way we came. Had my mom/me tried to climb as soon as we crossed the track, we wouldnt have missed the train. Just a min difference. Ahhh horrible. Sis has reminded me of a fwd which tells the importance of time which goes like this:

To realize the importance of a sec, ask an athlet who missed the first position..
To realize the importance of a min, ask someone who missed the train..

blah blah

we realized it !!!!

Later, came down and cancelled the ticket, got 50% money back and was wondering wat to do. Amma wanted to cancel the trip itself cos of this. Me and sis thought for a while and enquired abt the bus travels nearby. All buses were booked as it is a school holiday season here. watever. managed to get tickets till Tirupathi. My guys have to go to Chennai from there. I had to go my relatives home after they leave. It was 9ish by then. Got tiffen for 3 of us, gave enough instructions to my mom and sis as to how to be careful while travelling in the bus. They are new to travelling alone. Always I used to be there but this time, I couldnt go with them. I generally dont trust anyone and be _extra_ cautious when I travel. but amma and sis apdi illai. Didnt have confidence at all to leave them alone. Sis was giving me konjam dhariyam and asked me to proceed.

I got an auto and started to my relative's place. Called up my brother, uncle and informed abt the train.
people went to sleep. Me didnt get sleep for a long time. Didnt have any number to call to. Nobody was reachable :'(:'(
My aunty was asking few questions and was answering with the blocked throat. The more she asked abt the train and mom/sis, the more heavy my heart was and finally I bursted out. She noticed that I was crying and was asking me not to do so. But I couldnt. My nose too was blocked and was trying hard to breathe. Sat for sometime, starred at my mobile and read the SMS I got from "my person" and was crying more only. Ugghhhhh :'( went to loo, washed my face with cold water and came to hall and sat for sometime. Aunty got up immediately and asked me "what r u doing there?". Happpaaa, I was all scared and felt out of place:'( Thought I would have gone home and come here a day later. I was helpless and went to bed again. I was weeping weeping weeping, which ppl say that nothing changes if you cry, but it helped me getting my eyes tired, removed some burden out of my heart, calmed down by heart beats and made me sleep finally!

2 comments:

Me said...

cheer up j.....take it easy....

J said...

Yes Yes :-)