Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Naadhaswaram

I have a collection of Namagiripettai Krishnan' Naadhaswaram. After a long time, today, after I came to office, I played a couple of songs from it. OMG, it was sooo refreshing, serene:-) Ah, instrumental pieces bring up different kinda emotional energy within us. Esp Naadhaswaram with Mirudhangam, which we (atleast I) generally hear in our relatives wedding where we used to be in a very good mood, with our relatives, wearing new dress, jewels, seeing ppl in all smiles, early morning sunlight--all positive stuff ryt. That could be the reason for boosting our energy level when we listen to these kinda music again. what u say? romba romba MangaLagarama iruku. I am experiencing it today :-)

Have a nice day everyone!

J

8 comments:

Me said...

Naadhaswaram with Mirudhangam? or Naadhaswaram with Tavil?

i feel it is the ppl who bring in the festive atmosphere than the music....

J said...

Me - neengha eppo enaku support pani irukeengha..hhmm

Mirudhangam thaanae? Thavil illaiii

Me said...

mmm...let me check with all my sources....i strongly feel it is Naadhaswaram & tavil in marriages...let me check...

J said...

Me - Mirudhangam thaanae side'la thattuvaangha. apdi'na athu thaan. Thavil mela (on top of the instru) thaan thatuvaangha. ennamo, enakae konjam thaan theriyum. athula kooda ivlo confusions :'(

Me said...

try searching for mirudhangam and thavil in google images....lets check whether we r in the same page

try googling
1. nad + tav
2. nad + mir

i think they play com 1 at marriages...

off topic..me spent 2 yrs learning mirudhangam...

J said...

Meeee - a small correction in my previous comment.
//Thavil mela (on top of the instru) thaan thatuvaangha//

athu "tabla" LOL :D..achachoo veetla poyitu naanae en comment nenachu sirichutu irunthen.

btw, i didnt get results for that search.

Ahaa, neenhga kathukiteenghala? nice nice :-) apram music'la (songs) interest'ae illaenu solreengha?

Me said...

i saw that....but me being good...didn't want to say that....i knew that u'll find it out...

now dont tell me that u searched without typing the full names....:)

i never had interest...only my parents did...thats a sad story...hhhhmmmmm...7 yrs of paatu class and 2+ yrs of mirudhangam class...all waste of my time.....

but i have been to a bunch of classes that i have liked ....

J said...

You are so nice, Me :-)

>>now dont tell me that u searched without typing the full names....:)

Habbaaa I tried with full names only :-)

ya I remember that u had been to paatu class. 9 yrs tooo muchhhhh!!! and u dont like songs is it? hhhmmm