Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Punch

[Trying not to reflect my mood and want to post something good!]

Last week, I was down with slight fever and a bad-blocked throat. I had to get something for A, so asked my sis to accompany me. Amma and sis always like eating out, me not that crazy. After completing the shopping, thought I would get her something to eat, so we both went to a bakery. Actually, I took a break from work and I wanted to come back for my Yoga class. So, I was alerting myself not to eat anything.

Sis always like spicy eatables, esp chicken, so she was glimpsing through the items. The so-far-good eyes of mine turned to the other side and noticed the ice cream categories. Immediately, I changed my vision (huh?!) to something else and warned myself "J, this stuff not only spoils your today's class but makes your yesterday's tiring-abdomen workout in vain. Dont get distracted". I obeyed that alarm.

After couple of minutes, I asked myself "OK, let me atleast go and check the ice cream catalogue alone and get the satisfaction of eating it. no harm in that ryt?". Innerself accepted this request, so I proceeded to the counter. My eyes didnt only notice the written-items kept on the top of the transparent refrigerator but saw the variety of items kept inside it. Ah, colorful to eyes to see the white pogai (what to say in this context?) covering the ice cream varieties and mouth watering too!!

Again to myself "Let me have only one kutty ice cream. that doesnt affect my exercise no?.". This time, no permission, only information :-). After sometime "So, only today I am going to have, why not try a different variety? let me have fruit punch instead of regular icecream" ;-) Yes, I have selected my fav fruit, Mango flavour :-)

Paid for it and waited for sometime till they prepared it. That guy got a glass full of icecream topped with a cherry and wafer. Woo hoooo :-) happaa evlooo periya glass, fulla ice cream Whewwww:-) Didnt know what to eat first and was taking the spoon, straw, wafer...my sis told "Alayaadha di" :p Quickly I ate the topped stuff. Totally forgot abt the aerobics, my goal of reducing some kgs, abt the people in the bakery, more importantly my fever, cold. Oru oru spoon'aa started eating and enjoyed the yummy, the only-unhurting mango fruit "punch"!

J

4 comments:

BZ said...

Mmmm that icecream looks yummmmmy! :)
Hope you feel better soon, with all the cold. I guess its okay to pamper/reward yourself once in a while. No?

Me said...

Punch...i thot it is a post abt some punch dialog in icecream shop....:)

saapdunga J ...saapdrathukaanga dhaaney ellarum vaazharam...extra hour workout pannunga avalo dhan.....

Krish said...

:)

enakkum oru ice cream... enjoy J.

Ippellam postla oru padam potudareenga :)

J said...

SK - yes, aama aama :-)

Me - :-)

Krish - padam kaatrom la :-)