Friday, May 11, 2007

Idhuku poi alatikalaamaa

Okay, for me, clothes shopping is a tedious process. I had always my sis/mom doing that job for me. Verum cash pay panrathuku thaan naan poven :p And now in US, buying the non-familiar (for me) stuff like jeans, tops or pants or whatever modern dress is still more tedious. I dont have any friends at my place, so I have to find out all the details myself. Well, it was a nice experience. First time, I did my shopping in K-Mart, NY. The US dress parameters are different, so I spent some time to find out the size that fits me. I didnt feel comfortable to ask someone about how to find ones own measurements. US la elaam veetlayae elaam therinju varuvaanghala..namma poi kaeta, kevalama paapalaanghalu elaam orae thayakam. But I had no choice. I pushed myself to ask a girl out there near the fitting room. She was kind enough to explain things. ppl are really helpful here, nowadays I just go and ask things if they are not clear.

okay, I gladly noted down all the details, so I dont do the process all over again. Thought I was done and I am gonna refer this everytime. To my surprise, the size varies according to the cloth material type. like, the tracks size is different from the regular pants. Another point is, the S, M, L, XL corresponding to the numbers, like 12, 14, 16 etc varies from shop to shop. If KMart clothes show XL for the size 14-16, Sears has that for L. idhu theriyama, once I got something and veetuku vanthu paatha, dhola dhola nu iruku :-)

Intha maathri experience vanthathunaala, I made a point that I should 'try' every cloth that I buy. Last week Sat, we both went to Sears and after 2 hrs of selecting and trying stuff, we were at the billing counter at 9pm. the shop closes by 9.30pm. sema kaal vali 2 perukum. The girl out there has billed everything and put in the cover. She then told us abt Sears card. First I was ok with getting the card, so the girl entered the same in the comp. Later I changed my mind after hearing that there will be monthly charges, so the girl immediately cancelled the already entered information. marubadi enter panalaamnu paatha, enghaloda cover'a kanom :(

There was another counter very close to ours where another person just paid and left the place. Looks like he took this cover too unknowingly (?!). ingha yaaru thappumae ilai, so couldnt blame anyone. antha sales girl paavama paakra. Since she cancelled the billing, she was not of help to get the things again. Ughhhhhh..adhu oru extreme feelinga irunthathu. not only clothes, we spent considerable amount of time selecting sunglasses for me. And, for the clothes, though I remembered where I picked the stuff, mostly they had one piece in each size. so totally kadupala irunthen. Yaarayumae thappu sola mudiyathu, so you cant even yell your disappointment and overcome it. enaku kanla thani vanthuduchu :)

Aaana, A mattum "Laugh at the absurdities of life". nammalala onum panna mudiyatha vishayathuku varutha padakoodathunu solitu, onumae alatikaama marubadi went to get the things.

12 comments:

Adiya said...

mm American Eagle illa Bananana Repapublic try pannu inga.

J said...

Adiya - am totally lost :( enna solreengha??

Me said...

Porumaya irundha US la ella vishayamum enjoy pannalam...

Oru Saturday happy ya shopping ku time allocate pannunga...start around 10..go to mall..then shop till 12..have lunch..shop again till 2..go to a movie...shop for 2 more hrs..have a smoothie or coffee...come home happy...

& nan enna pudhusa solaporen.. Idhuku poi alatikalaamaa...:)

Me said...

Banana Republic and American Eagle

Anonymous said...

Once you visit like an outlet mall, you will start to know the different stores for clothings and other things.

Did you have to pay for the clothes and did you leave your contact information with them?

In case the other person had took yours by mistake and returns it, they can call you.

Also, the store credit cards do not have any monthly charges.

Anyway, I hope you are savoring the different experiences.

Adiya said...

:) like k-mart u can try ur purchase @ AE, BR innu solla vanthein. :)

J said...

Me - :-) ya thats a great idea :-)

S - illai, we didnt pay. oh Sears card ku, that girl said that we have to pay the minimum amount like 10$ every month and get some discount on every purchase. avlo adikadi onum Sears la shopping panna maatom. so freeya vitaachu.

Adiya - thanks, I got it now :-)

Anonymous said...

I got the sears/kmart cc sometime the beginning of this year, but no monthly fee. They send me discount coupons in the mail almost every other week. Also there would be some discount every time the card is used.

Maybe they do not carry that promotion any more.

Me said...

... same thing happened to me today...i got something but left it at the store..though i did not pay for it...felt bad..

...hmmm idhuku poi alatikalaamaa...

J said...

S - oh I see.

Me - Ayoo. nala velai pay pannalai.

Anonymous said...

I think you post is infecting others

J said...

ahem :-)