Friday, May 05, 2006

Expressions

Read this in SK's blog today

//If its happy news, I have to tell it to people. No, I dont boast, its just sharing a good thing. I get excited at very small things. Or rather, even a small incident can mean a lot to me, a word or appreciation, a warm smile, a kind gesture..such things can make my outlook change directions one eighty degrees.//

How nicely written and how it has expressed the recent thoughts running on my mind..thanks :-) Glad to have a person like you who matches my frequency, mindset a lot! Advantage to see my feelings in words which I cant write myself :p

[dont know if its worth worrying but I do worry for it]

Recently, I have been hearing news from people that they got engaged. How happily they share the news to everyone and get teased by people. I feel like an odd man out in this regard. After people at home have decided to have the function, I too wrote a big list of people whom I have to invite from office, my team, my old PL etc etc. A and I wanted to finalize both the list. After waiting for so many days, suddenly A said that he is going to invite only his *close* friends and he gave a nice, big explanation for it. As a dumb girl (which A says always), it made sense to me too by then and drastically reduced the count and invited a very few people.

Most of the people whom I talk to dont know that I got engaged, that too with A, our colleague. I feel like sharing now, but this news in no longer fresh. I cant or dont blame A, cos he never asked me not to invite my list of ppl. Hhmm, given that he is not here now, only I face people and whenever they came to know of this news from someone and ask me why I didnt tell them, I will have to answer which is like not very exciting to me and abnormal. Ah, all confusions within myself. At the end, I lost that chinna chinna happiness :'(

J

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Parava illai vidunga J, kalyanathukku elloraiyaium koopitu jamaichuralam.. what say:-)?

J said...

got a comment soo soon for this post :-) thanks Raji :-)

logic said...

Congrats on your engagement (am i tooo late :-))
Missed your functions...
I agree that such one time events in life should be shared and njoyed to the fullest.
No worries now..u got a big event ahead your Marriage..thats big you will njoy it for sure.
And let me also try to make for it.

"I lost that chinna chinna happiness "

Believe that everything is for good.

BZ said...

Hey J
Thanks for the mention :))

One more addition to our 'similarities' I suppose.

btw, dont feel bad for all this. Do what _you_ want to do, and what makes _you_ happy. :) Life is very simple really.

Anonymous said...

J,

I love to share little happy moments with others too..

But, in my opinion: engagements, wedding anniversaries and even weddings are 'private affairs'... the less people, the better.

Since weddings are "bringing two families together"- it can be seen more of a 'family and friends affair' and more people being there is good!

I don't really care for lavish weddings..it is the marriage afterwards is 'more important'..and the happiness of the two people involved.

I always point to one of the grandest weddings of all time- of Prince Charles and Diana..as everyone knows now..how happy it was projected to be and how sad turned out to be.

Every day is special for two people who love each other! People who care about you- will always be happy for you, whether we/they are there or far away!

best,
JS

J said...

logic -- heyy, thanks, logic :-) no you are not late, infact you are early to wish compared to the other class friends :-)

SK - ummm :-)

JS - lovelyyyyyy explanation JS :-) Thanks a million!!!!!

Marutham said...

:) Nice post j!

J said...

Marutham - nice post'aa??..:-)

Me said...

now u have to delete that spam & relax...dont turn on the word verification please...

Me said...

marutham comment pota time paatheengala....thooka kalakam...freeya vidunga....:)

J said...

Me - Ahh, antha spam comment paathathum unghala thaan nenachen hehe:D Ok as you say :-)

Reg, Marutham's comment - LOL :D aama me, kashtathula poata post'aa nice post nu solitaangha...Marutham, is the comment intended for this post? ;-)