Sunday, March 20, 2005

'kalloori vaasal'il naan....

uh, how should I start or where should I start? Great people (SK and Nithya) have commented on the previous post. Thanks a lot, ladies :-). ennai honour panna maathri irunthathu. And that has really encouraged me to continue my writing.ok let me not think more and more to make it more intellegent or impressive. i think, apdi ethuvum nenaikama, ezhutha aarambikanum. appa thaan I can be myself and write my feelings. illana, sothapadivenu nenaikaren :D

ok, coming to the title - kallori vaasal. Came to chennai (think that was my second visit to chennai, antha 17 yrs la :p) with my mom. my appa didnt come with us (thats a different sad story). Amma is a graduate, so chennaila padichathunala, she knows the place. My amma has got a close friend over there - Rani. I call her 'akka' only. U know, I am basically from a small town (town'ae small place thaan, athu enna small town ;-))...so no aunty, uncle business. School friends'oda amma elam kooda, we call 'akka' only :p. Ok, coming back to kalloori vaasal - this Rani akka has taken us to the Anna University for the counselling (we were the first batch attended this). Everything was new to me. There was a large crowd and most of the people have come with their fathers. orae malaipa irunthathu ellamae. I got scared to see the students and the parents with their serious faces :(. That was the second day of the counselling and I was in the second session (10.30AM, I still remember). Before we entered the hall, people started saying that all seats in Anna university got over, this, that etc etc. we were also seeing the display which showed the status of seats in all colleges. then ellamae pudhusa, bayama irunthathu !!! entha college kedaika porathonnu. Only one person was allowed with the student. so amma came inside. She was also afraid but didnt show out. I could see from her eyes :'(

Few educated ppl in our family had advised us about the good course and colleges. So amma and I started looking at the display if we could get one from our list. Hhmm..Thirupathi, devasthaanam paaka pora maathri, we were asked to be in the ground floor for sometime, then another room, then another one. By that time, we have lost few colleges and courses. Meanwhile, we changed our decisions after discussing with the parents who were with us and things went on. There we met Z and her father :-) Little did we realize that we would become _close_ friends in future :-) and I think Z's father was talking abt a dept in AU which we had in our list too.

Finally we were at a room from where we would be getting into the final room. And even in that last room, we kept moving from the last row to middle one, and then to the first one .... Happaaa, athukula number of seats got reduced and that was really thrilling. we should also have 2/3 options in our hand..hhmm..Finally there were 3 seats in the course which we planned to take. Ah, we got into the computer room. The moment came - one person got the DD and entered my details. Heyyyy I got my engineering seat in AU !!! I was on cloud nine. It was around 2pm, I think, when we completed all formalities. Z's father came out and talked with us. He said, "2 perum orae department kedachu iruku" we both smiled and introduced ourselves :-). we left the place and Ahh I felt so relaxed..plus 2 mudicha palanai naan anubavichuten :-) inimae padikarathu, fees elam adutha vishayam. I was happy that I could go home and tell my relatives, my friends, my teachers that I got so-and-so college !!!!Everybody felt proud for me. "Ah, unaku angha kedachudtha" apdi elam.....:-)

When I write this, I remember the movie "kushi". The directory, Surya, movie aarambathula, 2 kozhandaingha kaamichutu, intha 2 perum epdi onna seraanghanu thaan kadhainu. chumma moviela thaan ipdi elam nadakumnu nenachen. ippa I could relate that with my friendship with Z :) engha iruntha naan, engha iruka Z oda ivlo close aanenu :-). Well, this holds good with all the acquaintances and close ppl we get, no? Huh, God creates chances for us to meet the ppl we need :-) Great !!

Ok, will write the things happened in college, ppl I met, how few have become close etc etc :-)


J.

8 comments:

capriciously_me said...

first time here J...nice blog :)

NS said...

Aaaahhhhhhhhh counselling!! don't even remind me about it...

still remember every bit of it... switching from one room to another... and that HUGE board displaying the seats availability.. my God, enna tension!!

keep writing J...:)

J said...

CM !!! :) - thanks for dropping by!

ahaa..ennoda hit list bloggers elam enodatha padichu, comment panraanghalae :-)
onum thala kaal puriyalai enaku :) :)

By the way, I am just curious, how did u get to know of my blogspot.
unghalodathu elam SK thaan source. enaku apdi thaan theriya vanthathu. unghaluku epdi ennodathu theringhathu???? Even Nithya, how did u find mine?
and Thanks to you too, Nithya :)

-J

Me said...

J:

Came to ur blog thru a link in CM's comments

Nice one !!

Konjam fast forward panni padichen (2:30 AM U C) and the Kushi film part came and then that made it more intersting. then again rewind panni first lendhu padichitu vandhen. Intersting !!

J said...

oh! Thanks, Me :-)

J.

capriciously_me said...

J, ungala yaaro blogroll panni irundhaanga...route ejjacta nyabagam illaye :( bloghopping started with sk-nu dhaan ninaikaren..but am not sure :( it mite help if u add that list of referrers thingy...:)

BZ said...

Oiiii J :))
Adhellam ninaivu irukka, u know so many of our other friends, K and S etc were also in our session :)
Ana naan romba happy illa when I was done with conselling,thats a diff story I guess :)

Tank u tank u, for the mention :)

J said...

>>tanglish-buddy

Ahaa nice to read that :-)

mm nalla irunthathu SK wedding. I just now posted a part of it. I missed Nithya though I was there. hhm. Anyway hope u enjoy reading our posts reg SK's wedding :)

take care,
J.