Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Have you started working?

I hate that question. Inum sila per, chumma nakkal panratha nenachu, "inum vettiya dhaan irukiya"nu kaekapaangha. Thats not funny to hear. They really dont know how it hurts. I used to feel answerable to everyone and I feel a bit insulted/inferior when someone asks me this question as if I am not working now. It made me think a lot about defining 'work'. do you consider something as work only if it produces monetary output? apdina, 'have you started making money"nu la kaekaenum. Just bcos I dont earn money, I cannot answer that I am not working.

Every family member has a share of their work/contribution to lead their life. Why doesnt it consider as work? ippadi dhaan irukanumnu rule irukapa oruthar disciplined'a irukarthula periya vishayam ilai. eppadi venumnaalum irukalaamnu situation irukappa kooda disciplined'a irukarthu romba kashtam. I do have my own challenges, dreams and the work/research/training that I do myself to achieve it, fears to overcome etc--I have lot of work to keep myself physically/mentally active all the day. ennoda job la break eduthu 1.5 yrs aaga pothu, I have never felt idle so far. bcos I have improved a lot in many dimensions of personality/life and I keep 'working' on it and I am really happy for what I am. I cannot explain all these to everyone. Nowadays, I dont want to explain it too. ippa kooda intha post first publish panitu apram delete paniten..dont want to make a big deal out of it..but still this is my blog.

ippadi elaam irukarthanalayae I tend to keep away from people and I dont want to do it :( yaarkitayathu pesarathukae thayakama iruku. adhutha question avangha pidikathatha kaetu, marubadi kovam varumnu thonuthu. But I am trying to control myself and understand the other person's view too. I realize that its people mentality/curiousity to know the happenings at the other person's life. I just dont like someone asking the same question with sarcasm/humorous. apadi kindala ponunghala kaetu kaetu pazhakam aayiduchu neriya peruku. Anyways ennoda approach dhaan maathanum. am working on it :-)

btw, intha maathri kaekarappa enna reply panrathu? Somewhere I read that if you dont want to or dont feel like answering a question, ask the other person "why do you want to know it?". how far does that work? any idea?

p.s Me comment paathutu, intha post'oda serious mood'ae already enaku poyiduchu...cha:-
)

J

13 comments:

Archana said...

Have you heard that song? "Kuch to log kahenge, logon ka kaam hai kehna"? That is so true. Everyone has their opinion on how you should live your life - but you are the only one who is going be actually living it! You are happy with your life and you don't have to justify yourself to anyone else. Solradhu easy, I know - but it is so true. After all, at the end of the day, after getting some "entertainment" at your expense, these folks will go back to lead their life without a second thought about you. Adhuku poi "avanga appadi sonaanga"-nnu yosichu time ellam waste pannadhey!

And you know, usually, all the people who insist that you have to change something so that you can become more like them are just jealous of your situation and want to bring you also to their own not-so-happy state asap :-P!

J said...

heyyyy Archana :-) long time! nice to see your comment. eppadi iruka?

first line, song kaetathu ilai, but enaku therinja Hindi'la purinjuka mudinjathu:)

>are just jealous of your situation and want to bring you also to their own not-so-happy state asap

hehe :-)

thanks a lot for the reply. Really felt good.
And I havent been checking blogs for a while. will visit soon. bye, take care.

Anonymous said...

nan ippo enna sollanam nu therla...yosichindu iruken...approm vandhu commentaren...

Anonymous said...

Hi J,

Indha post yenakkagavey neenga ezhudhina madhiri irundhudu... recently i have started feeling guilty abt quitting my job... yaaravadhu enna panreengannu kaetta kashtamma irukkum. What u have written is true, i have also learnt lots of other things in this time frame. Why worry abt ppl who comment/qn just for de sake of picking up a conversation or worst still just to bring our spirit down?
(previous post reply:))am fine...neenga yeppadi irukeenga?

J said...

Me - ogay ogay..waiting :-)

Preethi - Ahaa :-)
aama, forgot to mention about the guily feeling for quitting my job. first elaam enaku thaan ego problem nu irunthen..apram apram thaan neriya thoughts vanthathu and now I am in a better position.

>or worst still just to bring our spirit down?

hhmm tell me abt it.

am fine. thanks for asking :) catch up with you later. take care.

Ramya Ramani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ramya Ramani said...

Hey J,
This ur life..live it for urself not for society..if u r happy with what you do be happy.. veliya work pannama veetla velai pakkaradhu summa illa pa..namma amma ellam seyyala..avanga appadi senjadhunala dhan nama inikki ippadi ellam pesamudiyaradhu :)

If anyone is going to ask you "Have you started working?" ish-styleah sollunga "Yeah of course I am working and improving myself to be a better home maker and I looooveee my job!" What say ;)

J said...

Thanks Ramya. I will try that:) But what I mentioned as 'work' is not only the daily chores but also a lot of reading and technical work which I do for myself and I dont earn money for that work (for now). Thats where I feel dumbstruck when somebody asks the question.

Anyways I liked the way you mentioned -- answering with confidence. I mean, not only for this question but for anything. I wish I could be such a daring person :) thanks a lot for your comment.

Ramya Ramani said...

That is really so nice of you to learn something new! Hats Off!

BTW thanks for commenting in my blog tooo..I think I landed in urs from Ferrari's blog..not sure..had been bloghopping for quite sometime :) Found Me's blog from Urs..As mentioned in the caption ur blog was so original :)

Do bloghop when you get time.

J said...

thanks, Ramya:)

kumar said...

Ayyo ! Theriyaama ' Ladies Hostel 'kulla vandhuttaenaa ?
Sorry !
Manadhin Thaedal ? . . . . .
Manadhil Urudhi Vendum !
Cheers !

Uma said...

that question u said it works

or karan johar style..answers " what do u think? type questions ...

illana u ask them equally tough question for which there is no answer

J said...

Kumar - welcome here!
>Manadhil Urudhi Vendum !
I am always trying to :) thanks!

Uma- welcome to my blog! Thanks for the comment.
haha, I guess that will work :-) thanks.